Go Irish 90

Default Workbook Equivalent?

I use Excel as a List Manager, using a new spreadsheet for each list. It
gives me tabs across the bottom which I can name and saves the whole thing in
a single file in our I-Manage, server-based document manager. I like it.

Is there anything equivalent in Word? I would like to have multiple
documents in a single file that I could navigate between quickly and easily.
CyberTaz

Hello Irish-

Word doesn't work that way. You can use Windows' features to open as many
docs as you have system resources to support & use the Window menu or Task
Bar to toggle between them. You might also want to explore WindowArrange
All as well as other options.

HTH |:)

On 9/11/05 1:32 PM, in article
, "Go Irish 90" Go Irish
wrote:

I use Excel as a List Manager, using a new spreadsheet for each list. It
gives me tabs across the bottom which I can name and saves the whole thing in
a single file in our I-Manage, server-based document manager. I like it.

Is there anything equivalent in Word? I would like to have multiple
documents in a single file that I could navigate between quickly and easily.

NZJen

Yes, the tabs in Excel are great. Did you also know that if you select a
sheet tab and press Ctrl+Page Down it will move you to the next sheet, and
Ctrl+Page Up moves you back a sheet? Great for moving quickly from one sheet
to the next. Also Ctrl+Shift+Page Down will select a few tabs at a time!!

Anyway ... back to Word. If you open the Outlining toolbar (View/Outline)
and use the Master Document buttons to the right of the toolbar you can
insert subdocuments within your document, save it as a Master document and
then have access to other documents within that one document. A bit more
fiddly than Excel but it can be done. If you'd like to know more about
creating and using Master Documents try looking at the Help feature in Word.

Good luck!
Jenny