Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

Default print a duplicate table side-by-side on same page

How do I put two duplicate table on the same page?
I need two exact tables on the same page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

eliyahuz wrote:
How do I put two duplicate table on the same page?
I need two exact tables on the same page.

Assuming the tables need to stay the same, even if you change the contents:

1. Press Enter to create a blank paragraph where you want the table to be.
2. Select the paragraph mark (easier to do if you click the ¶ button so you
can see the mark).
3. Go to Format Columns and select 2 columns. When you click OK, Word
inserts continuous section breaks before and after the selected paragraph
mark.
4. Insert the first table, with the desired number of columns and rows, and
fill the cells as needed.
5. Select the table (quickest is to click the 4-way arrow just off the top
left cell; or click Table Select Table).
6. Insert a bookmark (Insert Bookmark supply a name).
7. Click to put the cursor between the paragraph mark from step 1 and the
second of the section breaks. Again, it helps to be able to see the
paragraph marks.
8. Press Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field brackets { } . Between them,
type the name of the bookmark from step 6.
9. Press F9 to update the field you just made. It will show an exact copy of
the table that's inside the bookmark.

If you need to make any changes, make them only in the first table. Then
click the second table and press F9 again to make the changes appear there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you just need to print the same table twice on a page (as a single
document), I would advise the following (assuming Word 2000 or above:

1. On the Margins tab of Page Setup, choose "2 pages per sheet" for
"Multiple pages." Note that this is the selection in the Page Setup dialog,
NOT the Print dialog.

2. This will give you a half-sized page. Create your table on it.

3. From there you have two choices. Either copy/paste the table onto page 2
and print the whole document (which will print pages 1 and 2 on the same
sheet), or specify pages 1, 1 in the "Pages" box in the Print dialog, which
will print two copies of page 1 on a single sheet.

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
How do I put two duplicate table on the same page?
I need two exact tables on the same page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

Thank you for your advice.
I still have one problem though; the table itself is 60 pages long. When I
followed your instructions, the result was like you said but it only did it
for the first page and stopped there. How can I get the whole table to
duplicate for every page.
Thanks again for your help.

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
How do I put two duplicate table on the same page?
I need two exact tables on the same page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Well, that's a horse of a different color! It also wasn't clear from the
post I was answering that the table was being created by a mail merge. For
that you need the suggestions others provided.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you just need to print the same table twice on a page (as a single
document), I would advise the following (assuming Word 2000 or above:

1. On the Margins tab of Page Setup, choose "2 pages per sheet" for
"Multiple pages." Note that this is the selection in the Page Setup

dialog,
NOT the Print dialog.

2. This will give you a half-sized page. Create your table on it.

3. From there you have two choices. Either copy/paste the table onto

page 2
and print the whole document (which will print pages 1 and 2 on the same
sheet), or specify pages 1, 1 in the "Pages" box in the Print dialog,

which
will print two copies of page 1 on a single sheet.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.