Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default How to use excel data in word field?

DEAR ALL

n excel I just type the serial number and with vlookup I fill the cells
quickly from the crew data.

In word97, for example, I have three types of forms for officers, crew and
trainees. All these forms will have common fields like their name, joining
date, etc.

1. How can I link this to the 'crew details excel sheet'. I went thro the
MVP sites and they hv mentioned only it has to be thro access database and
using ADO in word.

2. what must I do to copy the information from one field to another field in
the same form. For example person name at the beginning and signing field
with the same name.

Since I find the help is so good, I must accept there is lots of spirits and
encouragement to take up these unknowns as a beginner.

brgds/captgnvr