Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Maynard

Default Can I translate my word document into spanish without re-typing?

I have an affadavit that I need to type in English and Spanish. The English
one was easy. Is there any way to translate this document without re-typing
it in Spanish?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

Although translation software exists (look it up in Google), I would not
trust it with anything significant, especially an affidavit which might be
used in legal matters. The most famous example of s/w translation is
rendering "Bill Gates" as the equivalent of "dollar doors".
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

In addition to the generally unreliable nature of machine translation,
Spanish is an especially difficult case because there are many local
dialects with critical differences in meaning for the same word. A
phrase that's complimentary to a speaker of Mexican Spanish can be a
nasty insult to a speaker of Puerto Rican Spanish, and meaningless to
a speaker of Castilian Spanish. You really need to know your audience,
not just a list of meanings.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman