Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Valleyaggie Valleyaggie is offline

Default Create a bibliography or works cited template for college students

I am a graduate student in English and as part of my course work, I am always
writing papers requiring bibliographies and works cited pages. I am
constantly fighting Word to make it understand that my book and journal
titles are supposed to be capitalized, or underlined, and that website
citations are not supposed to be underlined and hyperlinked.

I can't imagine that I am the only college student frustrated with this; my
classmates and I discuss it all the time.

Don't you think that it should be possible to create something in the Word
menu that lets the program know that we are creating a bibliography or works
cited?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word will capitalize any word you like provided you press the Shift key. You
can keep it from formatting hyperlinks by clearing this option on the
AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

"Valleyaggie" wrote in message
I am a graduate student in English and as part of my course work, I am

always
writing papers requiring bibliographies and works cited pages. I am
constantly fighting Word to make it understand that my book and journal
titles are supposed to be capitalized, or underlined, and that website
citations are not supposed to be underlined and hyperlinked.

I can't imagine that I am the only college student frustrated with this;

my
classmates and I discuss it all the time.

Don't you think that it should be possible to create something in the Word
menu that lets the program know that we are creating a bibliography or

works
cited?

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

directory mail merge: auto pop-up template for the final listing?? Ido Mailmerge 3 June 28th 06 02:09 PM
difference between 'regular' template and global template? Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 7 July 15th 05 10:27 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Autotext exclusive to a New Document Template I Create in Word 200 KM1 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 05 04:03 AM