Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alina C Alina C is offline

Default autocorrect options

Just a quick question (and desperately hoping for an answer:
how do I apply an AutoCorrect option only to certain documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nika Lampe Nika Lampe is offline

Hi,

basically you cannot. But you can create auto_open macro on document that
will enable autocorrect options you want, and you can use auto_close macro to
disable previously enabled options.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211659/en-us

Regards,
Nika Lampe

"Alina C" je napisal:

Just a quick question (and desperately hoping for an answer:
how do I apply an AutoCorrect option only to certain documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why don't you give more detail about what you are trying to do that you
think this is the solution?

AutoCorrect is either on or off. Nika told you a way to keep it off, and
turn it on for certain documents, but you can't "apply" it retroactively.
You can retroactively apply AutoFormat, which does much of the same things,
and that would be limited only to the documents you chose.

AutoCorrect is language-dependent, and did not work in older versions on
text that was formatted with no language. This doesn't work anymore, but you
might fake it by setting the text in the document to, say French, and "do
not check spelling and grammar". Then AutoCorrect and spellchecking won't
work. (if you are giving a student a spelling text, for instance)

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/