Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deejay Deejay is offline

Default Page numbers for certain sections only

How do I limit page numbers to certain sections of the document only? That is
not restart at a section and not change the format but simply no numbers
other than for a single section of the doc. This section starts in the middle
of the doc.

Many thanks.

Using Vista and Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith G Hicks Keith G Hicks is offline

Hi Deejay,

Assuming your numbering is in the footer, this should help you:
http://www.bettersolutions.com/word/...O724818332.htm
I just had to deal with this so I could use different headers in different
sections.

Keith

"Deejay" wrote in message
news
How do I limit page numbers to certain sections of the document only? That

is
not restart at a section and not change the format but simply no numbers
other than for a single section of the doc. This section starts in the

middle
of the doc.

Many thanks.

Using Vista and Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deejay Deejay is offline

That solution will only cause the numbers to restart in the new section; it
will not remove the numbers from the earlier sections.

I think I have figured it out. First insert the page numbers; then in the
section to be numbered unclick 'link to previous' and in Format page numbers,
while in the section to be numbered, select Start at page [1] then in the
section not to be numbered click on Remove page numbers. Seems to work.

"Keith G Hicks" wrote:

Hi Deejay,

Assuming your numbering is in the footer, this should help you:
http://www.bettersolutions.com/word/...O724818332.htm
I just had to deal with this so I could use different headers in different
sections.

Keith

news