Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lilkel31 lilkel31 is offline

Default Mail Merge Error--Word 2007/Outlook 2007

Hi! I am trying to create mailing labels in Word 2007 using my Outlook 2007
contacts. If I go into Outlook 2007 and hit the mail merge feature, after it
launches Word and I "setup" the document as it tells me to, the page is blank
and does nothing. If I start out in Word using the mail merge feature, I get
the document set up and then hit the "choose recipients" option and select my
Outlook contacts and get the following error message:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set
it as the default mail client."

Now, I use Outlook Express for my email, but for the purpose of making these
labels, I went into Outlook and went to Tools-Options-Other and put a
checkmark in the box that says make outlook the default program for email,
contacts and calendar. This didn't help, I still got the same message when
trying to merge the list.
Is there something I'm doing wrong with the mail merge, or is there some way
to get this to work out?