Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frans Frans is offline

Default How to send Fax through a dialup modem as with WinFax ?

I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with WinFax ?
Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As I understand it, Vista Home editions do not come with any fax support and
you still need thrird-party fax software to do that.

A lot of people seem to think http://www.snappysoftware.com/ is the thing,
but I have never used it.
BTW although this particular newsgroup is called "Mailmerge and Fax" in the
Microsoft Communities web pages, its "real" name is
microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields (i.e. little to do with fax) and you
might be better off looking for the
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan group - I don't know what it's
called in "Microsoft Communities" but you can also use groups.google.com to
look for it.

Peter Jamieson
"Frans" wrote in message
I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with WinFax
?
Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't think Vista Home includes any Fax software and I would be wary of
installing WinFax without thoroughly checking compatibility first. You could
either upgrade Vista to a version that has the fax software, or hang on a
bit and buy the forthcoming Vista version of MightyFax which was promised
for August and last time I looked the web site said that it was currently
being tested. http://www.rkssoftware.com/misc/vista.html

Frans wrote:
I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with
WinFax ? Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frans Frans is offline

I successfully installed Snappy Fax v4.0 on my Windows Vista-Premium Home and
it works very well. Even better than WinFax Pro 10.03 I used with Windows XP
before.
I recommend Snappy Fax v4.0 to replace WinFax Pro on Windows Vista.
Thank you very much Peter Jamiesonfor your advice.
Best regards, Frans
Email:

"Frans" wrote in message
I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with WinFax
?
Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frans Frans is offline

I successfully installed Snappy Fax v4.0 on my Windows Vista-Premium Home and
it works very well. Even better than WinFax Pro 10.03 I used with Windows XP
before.
I recommend Snappy Fax v4.0 to replace WinFax Pro on Windows Vista.
Anyhow thanks for your comment Graham Mayor for your information on MightyFax.
Best regards, Frans
Email:

Frans wrote:
I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with
WinFax ? Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thans for the useful feedback,

Peter Jamieson

"Frans" wrote in message
I use Windows Vista-Home.
How to send a Fax message through my Notebook dialup modem as with
WinFax
?
Thanks a lot.

Winfax removal David Rudman Microsoft Word Help 1 June 29th 07 01:48 PM
Winfax trouble signgal Mailmerge 1 April 28th 06 03:25 PM
Rid Myself of WinFax and Find a New Way to Fax #8Fan Mailmerge 1 March 2nd 06 10:39 AM
WinFax merge Holly Mailmerge 1 August 5th 05 06:10 PM
fax modem configured still can't send fax Jabbet Microsoft Word Help 0 July 2nd 05 10:47 AM