Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan[_3_] Joan[_3_] is offline

Default Change Word to open to default "New" document.

Everytime I open Word, it opens to a document I created months ago. How do I
get it to open to the default "New" document? I have searched online help,
but cantnot find anything on this. Please help, it is annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Joan" wrote:

Everytime I open Word, it opens to a document I created months ago. How do I
get it to open to the default "New" document? I have searched online help,
but cantnot find anything on this. Please help, it is annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan[_3_] Joan[_3_] is offline

I followed the directions from the website you gave me. Here's what I
discovered. While in Word, I click File, New, (under templates) I click on
"On My Computer." The Blank Document Icon shows up. I right clicked to OPEN
and found out it is in fact a blank document. So it is not that I have
changed my Normal.dot file, the problem is that when I open the program Word,
it opens with another file, not the Normal.dot file that is is suppose to. I
have two accounts on my PC, I have looked at one account (mine-which opens
correctly into a blank document) against the second account and they both
look the same. Any other ideas?

"Joan" wrote:

Everytime I open Word, it opens to a document I created months ago. How do I
get it to open to the default "New" document? I have searched online help,
but cantnot find anything on this. Please help, it is annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joan[_3_] Joan[_3_] is offline

"Joan" wrote:

Everytime I open Word, it opens to a document I created months ago. How do I
get it to open to the default "New" document? I have searched online help,
but cantnot find anything on this. Please help, it is annoying. I checked the "Blank Document" under File,New,Templates On My Computer; When I right click to open, It is a blank document. So I need to find out how to get that document to open when I open up the "Word" program.