Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

Default scrolling speed with large documents

I'm currently editing a large document and I need to select several lines of
text. The trouble I have is that when the cursor goes to the bottom of the
screen, the scrolling is extremely fast and it's hard to control where the
selected text ends.

Is there a way to tame this behaviour?

Thank you for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George

Dear Ben,

Instead of using the scrolling try the following:

1) Click at the begining of your selection
2) Using the scroll bars, scroll to the end of your selection
3) By holding the SHIFT key, click there

Regards

George

Ο χρήστης "Ben K. Bullock" *γγραψε:

I'm currently editing a large document and I need to select several lines of
text. The trouble I have is that when the cursor goes to the bottom of the
screen, the scrolling is extremely fast and it's hard to control where the
selected text ends.

Is there a way to tame this behaviour?

Thank you for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

"George" wrote in message
news
Dear Ben,

Instead of using the scrolling try the following:

1) Click at the begining of your selection
2) Using the scroll bars, scroll to the end of your selection
3) By holding the SHIFT key, click there

Regards

George

Thank you George, that was a very nice tip. I've just tried it and it worked
very well indeed.