Eric

Default Mail Merge choosing pages to include

Here's my dilemma... I have a Mail Merge Docs that are compiled of 2 things:
1. Kit, 2. State Specific Application.

What I am doing now, is that I have 12 different merge documents for each of
the state variations that I have to do. What I would like to do is just have
one larger merge document that would include each of those state variations,
but only include the pertinent one after the kit.. For instance, I would
like it to print: NationWide Kit, then read the person's state and print
their application, next record, NationWide Kit, then read the person's state
and print a different application.

How could I achieve this? The application is 4 pages.. Would this be
something I could do through a macro??

Thanks for assistance..

Hi Eric,

I understand what you require and I do have a commercial solution that will
work automatically. My product, OctoTools is designed to process your
input, mail merge, e-mail if required, print and convert to PDF
automatically and is generally used with medium to high volume throughputs
or where an automated solution is required. Data can be accessed either
from your data/report output, from AS/400, S/390, HP3000, Unix, AIX, Linux
and Windows sources or ODBC databases such as Access and MySQL. If you are
interested in a commercial application, please give me a call at 978
535-7676 (Boston, MA, US). I have clients who are using OctoTools to look
at Various inputs of their data, such as state name and then inserting a
terms and conditions sheet for that code. If you'd like, I can set up a
webex session and show you a bit more. Thanks for you time.

Larry T.
Doug Robbins

I would suggest that you have separate documents for each state and that you
have a field in the datasource that contains the file information for that
state and use an IncludeText field that makes use of the mergefield
containing the file information to insert the appropriate text when the
mailmerge is performed.

That's a non-commercial solution.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Eric" wrote in message
[...]

Eric

Thanks Doug,

That worked great.. That's exactly what I was looking for. Basically, I
made the apps into their own doc's and then I just insert an IF field so that
depending on the person's resident state it pulls the correct application doc
in to populate those 2 pages.

eric