Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Seng F via OfficeKB.com

Default Headers moving erratically for Word XP

Hello All,

One of our users is having a problem with her Word XP. When viewed with Word
2000, everything is normal and the page numbers are okay. But when viewed
with Word XP, the headers move erratically and the page numbering is off.
I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Word XP to no avail. Other documents
are okay so I know it's not a corrupt Office suite install. I'm pretty sure
it's a version conflict or maybe a setting. Thanks for any advice/help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Seng F via OfficeKB.com

Yes, she is using the same driver.

Graham Mayor wrote:
Is she using the same printer driver on the same operating system?

Hello All,

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
Office suite install. I'm pretty sure it's a version conflict or
maybe a setting. Thanks for any advice/help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Because Word formats to the printer driver it is not unreasonable for
different versions of the printer driver to affect the layout when the
document is opened on another machine (different font files too can have the
same effect) but if this has been eliminated it is very difficult to
troubleshoot remotely. Maybe if you detailed the exact issues she has with
the document there may be further clues?