Tony Ruiz

Default spellcheck won't give me option to "add to dictionary"

When I spell check, I used to have the option of adding the word to my
dictionary but my computer stopped doing that after awhile. I just loaded MS
Office 2003 Professional and it still doesn't give me an option to "Add To
Dictionary" if it doesn't recognize the word.

Help!?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9ueSBSdWl6?=,

When I spell check, I used to have the option of adding the word to my
dictionary but my computer stopped doing that after awhile. I just loaded MS
Office 2003 Professional and it still doesn't give me an option to "Add To
Dictionary" if it doesn't recognize the word.

One very common reason for this behavior is when the language of your custom
dictionary and that of the text in which you're working don't match. Click in
some text, go to Tools/Language/Set language and check exactly which language
is selected (English U.K.? English U.S? Something else?)

Now go to Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar/Custom Dictionaries. How many are
listed? For which languages?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Hi Cinda. I followed your instructions but when I checked to see how many
custom.dictionards were listed in Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar/Custom
Dictionaries - there were none listed there at all! What do you recommend I
do please? Thanks. Cheryl

Hi ?B?VG9ueSBSdWl6?=,