Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mochalvr

Default subdivide page - like in word perfect

In word perfect you could format a page to be "subdivided" this would
actually show lines on your page subdividing it in however many sections you
needed. Each section would then act as a page. You could change the margins
and it would would apply for each section. Example, if I wanted to get 4
postcards on a page, I would subdivide iinto 4 sections. Type my material in
the first box and then just copy and past the info. into the other 3. It was
super fast and everything was perfectly centered and ready to cut into fours
when printed. I cannot find anything like this on word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Word is not Word Perfect. With Word you will have to use a table that
matches the postcard size. For postcard sheets use the envelope/label wizard
as the 'labels' are already pre-defined for standard postcard stock.

Mochalvr wrote:
In word perfect you could format a page to be "subdivided" this would
actually show lines on your page subdividing it in however many
sections you needed. Each section would then act as a page. You
could change the margins and it would would apply for each section.
Example, if I wanted to get 4 postcards on a page, I would subdivide
iinto 4 sections. Type my material in the first box and then just
copy and past the info. into the other 3. It was super fast and
everything was perfectly centered and ready to cut into fours when
printed. I cannot find anything like this on word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daiya Mitchell

Greg answered for 4 postcards.

Word does use a similar principle, where you can create sections and change
the margins for them, if you investigate Section Breaks. But they aren't
appropriate for creating 4 postcards on a page.
See: Working with Sections in Word:

These links might not have the answer to your specific question, but you
will probably find them very useful as you switch from WordPerfect to Word.

How Word differs from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ordPerfect.htm

Some Tips and "Gotchas" for those who are new to Word
Especially if migrating from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...AndGotchas.htm

Is There Life After "Reveal Codes"?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

WordPerfect to Word converters (and why none of them are perfect)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...Converters.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/