Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WordGirl24 WordGirl24 is offline

Default Margins...

So a little over a week ago, I accidently clicked something on the left ruler
margin bar or whatever it is, and now whenever I open a new document, it
starts typing at the very top of the page. It used to have a gray marking on
the vertical ruler about a few inches down, and whenever I try to change it,
it doesn't work. Is there any way to reset to the original settings or
reinstall Word without buying it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Would help if you said what version of Word you have.

In Word 2002 or 2003, click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the
"White space between pages" box | OK.

In Word 2007, click on Office button | Word Options | Display | check
the "Show white space between pages in Print Layout view" box | OK.