Shari

Default Changing the number formatting

Okay, I have been looking at posts and trying all of the suggestions and I am
getting nowhere. So, I will explain my exact problem and hopefully someone
can answer my prayers.

I work with a program through my job that goes through Word. It brings up
my template for me and I cannot alter that template; however, if I go into
Word all by itself and alter things there, then when I bring up the template
through work and its Word the changes will be there.

What I need to do is change the formatting in the basic normal everyday used
template so that when I hit enter to go to #2, it will not jump to the tab
forward. I need everything to stay on the margin. Ex.
1.
2.

As of now, the basic template for Word throws you to the next tab when you
enter for a #2.

Does anyone know how to do this so that it will be in the default document
and so that I don't have to change this everytime I bring up a new document?

Any help would be most appreciated!!
--
~Shari
Carol

Hi Shari,

Simply go to Format | Bullets and Numbering | Numbering

Select the type of numbering that you want and click on customize and under
Number Position fill in where you would like it to be aligned. I hope this
has been helpful to you.

"Shari" wrote:

[...]

Shari

Hey, Carol,

Thanks for the help. That is the first thing I did and it only changes the
formatting for that document and does not become the default for other
documents. I am familiar with Word, but this 2003 has set itself so that the
numbering goes in to the first tab and does not stay on the margin. I assume
this has something to do with the style in the Normal template. I am not
familiar with changing the style formats, so this is a stranger to me. All
my other easy, quick attempts of changing this changes in the immediate
document but does not change it to be the default in successive documents.

THX!!
--
~Shari