jan

Default My Word 97 program often stops responding. Will updates fix this .

I have Office 97 loaded on Windows XP and the Word 97 program has been
working great for 3 years. Recently, the Word program has stopped responding
when I attempt to save a document. Is this an issue resolved by 97 updates?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amFu?=,

I have Office 97 loaded on Windows XP and the Word 97 program has been
working great for 3 years. Recently, the Word program has stopped responding
when I attempt to save a document. Is this an issue resolved by 97 updates?

No, this is more likely an issue with either a damaged Normal.dot template, or
a damaged Word97 file. If you go to START/Run, type in winword.exe /a then
press ENTER Word should start in SafeMode. Do you still see the same problem if
you test creating a new document and saving it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

jan

Thanks Cindy.
I took your suggestion and started Word in Safe Mode. The problem persists,
not being able to access my documents through the Save or Save AS menu
options. I think at this point I will remove and reload the Word program,
hoping to repair the damaged file.
Jan

Hi ?B?amFu?=,