Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Can I make fixed width columns?

I've got a table with 6 columns. I want to fix the width of the
colums and prevent them from changing. I'm using Word 2002. Everytime
I enter a column width, the other columns adjust. Nothing stays put.
Here's what I need:

6 columns
Column 1 = .5in
Column 2,3,4 = .25"
Column 5 = .75"
Column 6 = to right margin

I appreciate any help!

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Table | Table Properties, Table tab, click the Options button. Clear the
"Automatically resize to fit contents" check box. Click OK. Then specify the
desired column widths on the Column tab (of the Table Properties dialog
box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
news
I've got a table with 6 columns. I want to fix the width of the
colums and prevent them from changing. I'm using Word 2002. Everytime
I enter a column width, the other columns adjust. Nothing stays put.
Here's what I need:

6 columns
Column 1 = .5in
Column 2,3,4 = .25"
Column 5 = .75"
Column 6 = to right margin

I appreciate any help!

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Thank you! It worked perfectly. :-)

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:27:07 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

|In Table | Table Properties, Table tab, click the Options button. Clear the
|"Automatically resize to fit contents" check box. Click OK. Then specify the
|desired column widths on the Column tab (of the Table Properties dialog
|box).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.