Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christy Wood Christy Wood is offline

Default Copy Paste not working anymore

I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when I try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is there a
toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pranav Vaidya[_2_] Pranav Vaidya[_2_] is offline

I think this is a temporary problem. Try closing word and re-opening. If this
doesn't help, just restart your PC. Also try to delete temp internet files
etc.

To the best of my knowledge there is no such toggle which will switch off
copy-paste.

Hope this helps.
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Christy Wood" wrote:

I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when I try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is there a
toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christy Wood Christy Wood is offline

This did not help, I rebooted and it still will not copy and paste? Any
other suggestions are appreciated.

"Christy Wood" wrote:

I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when I try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is there a
toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Panic Panic is offline

Are you trying to copy/paste within a word document or are you copying from
another source then opening Word to paste?
If it is the latter, opening Word flushes the copied "stuff" from memory.
You must open Word first, then go to your other source, copy "stuff", return
to the already opened Word and paste.

"Christy Wood" wrote in message
I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I
haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when I
try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is there a
toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Opening Word does not ordinarily clear the Clipboard. If you have installed
Word as part of Works Suite, however, and have not uninstalled the Microsoft
Works Suite Add-in for Word, you will see this behavior.

"Panic" wrote in message
Are you trying to copy/paste within a word document or are you copying

from
another source then opening Word to paste?
If it is the latter, opening Word flushes the copied "stuff" from memory.
You must open Word first, then go to your other source, copy "stuff",

return
to the already opened Word and paste.

"Christy Wood" wrote in message
I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I
haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when

try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried

old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is there

toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Panic Panic is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. My kids bought me the Office Home and Student 2007 program
last Christmas. I had not tried copy/paste in Word 2007 so I copied all the
text below, opened Word 2007, right clicked and no "paste" was offered.
So I clicked on Insert at the top and right clicked again in the document
and Paste was now an option and it worked.
FWIW I closed Word, then opened it again, right clicked and Paste WAS now an
option. Go figure.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Opening Word does not ordinarily clear the Clipboard. If you have
installed
Word as part of Works Suite, however, and have not uninstalled the
Microsoft
Works Suite Add-in for Word, you will see this behavior.

so
all may benefit.

"Panic" wrote in message
Are you trying to copy/paste within a word document or are you copying

from
another source then opening Word to paste?
If it is the latter, opening Word flushes the copied "stuff" from memory.
You must open Word first, then go to your other source, copy "stuff",

return
to the already opened Word and paste.

"Christy Wood" wrote in message
I have been able to copy and past before and now it will not work. I
haven't
changed anything. On the tool bars the buttons are grayed out and when

try
with the right click on the mouse, doesn't work either. I even tried

old
school, ctrl c and ctrl v. Still not working!! Someone help! Is
there

toggle switch or button that turns this off and on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

All bets are off where Word 2007 is concerned. I haven't started using it
yet, but it seems to do many things differently.

"Panic" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne. My kids bought me the Office Home and Student 2007

program
last Christmas. I had not tried copy/paste in Word 2007 so I copied all

the
text below, opened Word 2007, right clicked and no "paste" was offered.
So I clicked on Insert at the top and right clicked again in the document
and Paste was now an option and it worked.
FWIW I closed Word, then opened it again, right clicked and Paste WAS now

an
option. Go figure.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Opening Word does not ordinarily clear the Clipboard. If you have
installed
Word as part of Works Suite, however, and have not uninstalled the
Microsoft
Works Suite Add-in for Word, you will see this behavior.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.