Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jdonley44 jdonley44 is offline

Default Footer won't allow choice of x of y page numbering

I need this for my documents. I have problem with
microsoftoffice\office12\offrhd.dll\document inspector.
I can't get my footer in wood to give me a choice of x of Y for page
numbering.
Please somebody help me! I have searched all over Microsoft's website and
can't find the answer.
Do I reinstall? Do I remove Vista and go back to XP Office? I am stumped!
Would the service pack 1 be the answer?
Please, I can't do my work without it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Not sure where the DocumentInspector comes into it.

Type

Page of NumPages

and then select Page and press Ctrl+F9 and then select NumPages and press
Ctrl+F9. You will then have

{ Page } of { NumPages }

Press Alt+F9 to toggle of the display of the field codes and you will then
have what you need.

Note the fields can also be inserted via InsertQuick PartsFields

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP