Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kdkldy kdkldy is offline

Default margins

I cannot change my margins on microsoft word 2003. They are set at .5 all
the way around and whenever I try to change any of them a message comes up
that says "Increasing right margin causes last column to become too narrow in
some sections having unevenly spacec column" So, I am having no luck getting
my margins to anything but .5 all the way around. How can I change my
margins?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if 1
column is already selected), then OK. Does that solve the problem? If so,
and if you're experiencing the same problem in all new documents, you'll
need to make the change in Normal.dot (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...lTemplate.htm).

http://word.mvps.org