Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich[_5_] Rich[_5_] is offline

Default restoring f12 save shortcut in word 2003

If you go under the Tools menu, then Customize, there is a Keyboard button.
In there, there should be a reset button to restore them all to defaults. My
problem is that the reset button is grayed out. How else can I get f12 to
allow me to save my document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you go to the Customize Keyboard dialog and from the Categories list
select File and then from the Commands list select SaveAs, what appears
under the Current Keys" control for that command?

If Shift+F12 (the default for FileSave) does not appear, you can press that
key combination and assign it.

By default, F12 is for FileSaveAs

--
Hope this helps.