Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bb bb is offline

Default spacebar deletes instead of spaces -change it back?

As I'm typing, I sometimes hit a combination of keys that changes the
spacebar so that it deletes instead of leaving a space. I can't fiure out
how to return it to normal. Can someone help?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Office 2003? Version *always* needs be mentioned!

Sounds like you may be accidentally triggering OverType Mode which can
easily be done by hitting the Insert key. If that's the problem you can go
to ToolsCustomize - keyboard, select All Commands in the left list, click
in the right list & type the letter o, then scroll down & select Overtype,
select Insert from the Current Keys & click Delete, then OK.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones