Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big John Big John is offline

Default Landscape page as autotext?

How can I save a landscape page with a header/footer and a field reference as
an autotext to use as needed.
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't, but you can probably save it as a document and insert it with an
IncludeText field. The IncludeText field would have to come after a section
break could be saved with the break as the autotext entry.

big john wrote:
How can I save a landscape page with a header/footer and a field
reference as an autotext to use as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big John Big John is offline

I really need this as a button for a template. Can i do it that way, or do i
need to do it as a macro? When i do it as a macro, it messes up the header
in the pages after and all the footers go to lanscape. Is there a way to fix
that problem?
--
Thanks!

big john wrote:
How can I save a landscape page with a header/footer and a field
reference as an autotext to use as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big John Big John is offline

I need this button for a client to insert a landscape page with a
header/footer with a field reference. It is to be used when the client has a
need use a landscape page at the end of a portrait doc.
--
Thanks!

big john wrote:
How can I save a landscape page with a header/footer and a field
reference as an autotext to use as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big John Big John is offline

How would i do it? I tried saving it as an autotext, but it didn't carry the
header/footer with it, only the paragraph mark.
--
Thanks!

big john wrote:
How can I save a landscape page with a header/footer and a field
reference as an autotext to use as needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro should work and preserve your headers. You need to
insert the header where indicated

Sub InsertLandscapeSection()
Dim oHead1 As HeaderFooter
Dim oHead2 As HeaderFooter
Dim oHead3 As HeaderFooter
Dim sCurSection As String
Dim sHeadText As String
Dim sHead1Text As String
sHeadText = "This is the landscape header"
sCurSection = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndSectionNumber)
Set oHead1 = _
ActiveDocument.Sections(sCurSection).Headers(wdHea derFooterPrimary)
oHead1.LinkToPrevious = False
sHead1Text = oHead1.Range
With Selection
.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage
.PageSetup.Orientation = wdOrientLandscape
Set oHead2 = _
ActiveDocument.Sections(sCurSection +
1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary)
oHead2.LinkToPrevious = False
oHead2.Range.Text = sHeadText
.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage
.PageSetup.Orientation = wdOrientPortrait
End With
Set oHead3 = _
ActiveDocument.Sections(sCurSection + 2).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary)
oHead3.LinkToPrevious = False
oHead3.Range.Text = sHead1Text
oHead1.Range.Text = sHead1Text
End Sub