Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ADKR ADKR is offline

Default Application already in use by another user

I am on a 5 year old HP with Word 97. Whenever I open a Word doc I get the
message that it is already open by another user, and do I want to make a
copy? I select "no". When I close/save that doc I am told that I cannot
because it is in use. I have to save it as XXX2.doc and rename it after
closing. Any help with this old dinosaur machine and program appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You probably have some orphan lock files - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm