Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Cannot Change Default Font - Word 2007

Trying to change the default font in Word 2007 by going to Font, selecting
the Font and type, selecting DEFAULT. After exiting and re-opening Word, the
default font always changes to Italic type-face even though that was not
selected. Anyone know of this "bug" and how to fix?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm confused -- where do you "select DEFAULT"? Maybe I'm carrying over
a 2003 habit to 2007, but I'd change my default font by changing the
font in the Normal style.

On Jan 25, 2:49*pm, Daniel wrote:
Trying to change the default font in Word 2007 by going to Font, selecting
the Font and type, selecting DEFAULT. *After exiting and re-opening Word, the
default font always changes to Italic type-face even though that was not
selected. * Anyone know of this "bug" and how to fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Something new in W2007 is that normal style and the document defaults don't
have to be the same. If that is the case for your document, then changing
the defaults through the direct formatting menu, will not change the normal
style. To fix this, modify the normal style to match the defaults settings,
or modify normal and make its settings the default.

PamC

Daniel wrote:
Trying to change the default font in Word 2007 by going to Font, selecting
the Font and type, selecting DEFAULT. After exiting and re-opening Word, the
default font always changes to Italic type-face even though that was not
selected. Anyone know of this "bug" and how to fix?

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

The Default button in the Font dialog box did not work for me in Word
2007 (as it does in earlier versions). I had to open the Normal.dotm
and change it there.

Cheryl