brand

Default Disable Page Doubling on High Resolution Monitor

I have a high resolution monitor and Word automatically shows me two pages
side by side when I am viewing a multi-page document in "Print Layout." I
would like to continue viewing in Print Layout, yet I only want to see one
page on screen at a time. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

Hmm, I see what you mean. If I change from 100% to 50%, I also get two
pages. Since I can't possibly read text at anything less than 75% or so, I
hadn't realized this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select a different Zoom ratio on the Zoom menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"brand" wrote in message
I have a high resolution monitor and Word automatically shows me two

pages
side by side when I am viewing a multi-page document in "Print

Layout." I
would like to continue viewing in Print Layout, yet I only want to see

one
page on screen at a time. Is there anyway to disable this feature?

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Brand,

There are a couple of things you can try, but basically
Word is sizing the view of the documents to a percentage
of the viewable canvas, not a 'fixed dimension'.

Instead of using the Zoom drop down on the toolbar
see if using View=Zoom=Many Pages and choosing
the 1x1 choice works.

If not you can narrow the Word display by switching
it to be less than full screen; or turning on the taskpane
or creating a new, blank toolbar through Tools customize,
dockinig it to the edge of the screen and dragging the
width to tell Word there is less space to work with.

=======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx