Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Buster99 Buster99 is offline

Default Word 2003 List of Figures captions

When I right click on certain images, I do not get the Caption option. When I
use References, Caption, a text box is created and, as I understand it, Word
2003 can't pick up a caption from a text box.

Not all my figures are showing up in the List of Figures.

I know that some of the images are different but I don't know what the
differences are.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

The difference could be that the pictures that have Text-Box Captions have
floating layout format applied (Format Picture, Layout), that is to say any
layout apart from InLineWithText.
Check you pictures to see if this causes the problem you are having.
Best of luck
DeanH

"Buster99" wrote:

When I right click on certain images, I do not get the Caption option. When I
use References, Caption, a text box is created and, as I understand it, Word
2003 can't pick up a caption from a text box.

Not all my figures are showing up in the List of Figures.

I know that some of the images are different but I don't know what the
differences are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You may find it easier to insert all pictures (and other objects) as "In
line with text," add the caption in a separate text paragraph, and then wrap
a frame around them (use the Insert Frame button on the Forms toolbar). The
advantage of frames is that they allow text to be wrapped around them, and
their contents can still be "seen" by Word for the purpose of creating a
list of figures.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Buster99" wrote in message
When I right click on certain images, I do not get the Caption option.
When I
use References, Caption, a text box is created and, as I understand it,
Word
2003 can't pick up a caption from a text box.

Not all my figures are showing up in the List of Figures.

I know that some of the images are different but I don't know what the
differences are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Buster99 Buster99 is offline

You are absolutely correct. This was the problem and I was able to figure it
out after much research. Thanks so much.

"Buster99" wrote:

When I right click on certain images, I do not get the Caption option. When I
use References, Caption, a text box is created and, as I understand it, Word
2003 can't pick up a caption from a text box.

Not all my figures are showing up in the List of Figures.

I know that some of the images are different but I don't know what the
differences are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for the feedback.