Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mwhobg mwhobg is offline

Default Creating a rule for duplicate entry in excell for a mail merge

OK... I don't know exactly how to work this question, so Let me outline what
I am trying to do .

I have an email message that I want to send to multiple recipients that
includes invoice data from an excel spreadsheet.

So here is the problem I am having. Within the spreadsheet there are
multiple entries in the file for that need to be sent to one recipient. But
as it stands now I am only able to list one entry per email.

Basically I want to be able to set up a rule/formula/whatever it is to look
at the excel file and determine if a contact is listed on multiple entries,
if it is then I want to pull all of those entries into one email and then
send it out, instead of sending out multiple emails to the same contact with
each individual line item where they are referenced.

Is that possible?

did any of that make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107

or

http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"mwhobg" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug,

As yet, the tutorial doesn't address the OP's apparent need to do a catalog/directory merge to email. Word doesn't really provide a
way to do this, so one needs to take another approach (eg a totally vba solution, or a vba manipulation of the catalog/directory
merge output).

--
Cheers
macropod