Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Default "Text Markers?"

I received via email a table that I'm trying to duplicate; however, there is
one formatting issue that puzzles me. Certain cells in the original document
contain grey areas where text must be entered; can anyone tell me how to
repeat this formatting option in my table?
--
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The gray areas are most likely form fields or MacroButton fields. If you
toggle field codes (Alt+F9), fields appear as code within curly brackets
(press Alt+F9 to display the field results again). The first word within the
field brackets shows the type of field.

For information about creating forms, see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm

For information about creating MacroButton fields, see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Bob" wrote:

I received via email a table that I'm trying to duplicate; however, there is
one formatting issue that puzzles me. Certain cells in the original document
contain grey areas where text must be entered; can anyone tell me how to
repeat this formatting option in my table?
--
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Thanks for your quick respsponse Lene, however, the received document appears
to have restricted access and the Alt+F9 option does not work. I will review
the two links you provided for additional help.

Thanks again,

Bob
--
Bob

"Bob" wrote:

I received via email a table that I'm trying to duplicate; however, there is
one formatting issue that puzzles me. Certain cells in the original document
contain grey areas where text must be entered; can anyone tell me how to
repeat this formatting option in my table?
--
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The restricted access indicates that the document has been protected (most
likely because the fields are form fields €“ and a document must be protected
for forms in order for the form fields to work). I think you will find the
information you need via the first article I referred to in the previous post.