How do I stop a document shedding paragraph numbering

Old September 29th 05, 10:59 AM
Ricardo

Default How do I stop a document shedding paragraph numbering

On several occasions, I have had to re-enter paragraph numbering on a large
document. More than once, upoon saving the document, it sheds all paragraph
numbering without any warning or any obvious reason. Any thoughts??
Old September 29th 05, 03:29 PM
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Legal Numbering
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/numbering.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old September 30th 05, 12:53 PM
Stefan Blom

If numbering formatting changes when you *open* a document, the reason
could be the that the "Automatically update document styles" option in
ToolsTemplates and Add-Ins is checked. If it is, try clearing it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP