Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
7M 7M is offline

Default Aligning text in columns

When columns consist of several lines (in one row), I'm having trouble
aligning the text horizontally, especially when one column has much text, and
in the next I only want to add a line or two.
The only solution seems to use the enter-key a lot, but any adjustments made
in the next column disturbs the alignment again.

Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks,

Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

7M was telling us:
7M nous racontait que :

When columns consist of several lines (in one row), I'm having trouble
aligning the text horizontally, especially when one column has much
text, and in the next I only want to add a line or two.
The only solution seems to use the enter-key a lot, but any
adjustments made in the next column disturbs the alignment again.

Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks,

Use one row per paragraphs instead of having many paragraphs in one cell.
You can hide the borders if you want all those paragraphs appears as if they
are in the same cell..
Very often I have to re-format documents for my clients,. I see this all the
time (many ¶ in one cell to align the text in those cells with text in
adjacent cells). The first thing I do is add cell borders with the pencil
from the Tables border, and then I remove all the extra ¶. After that,
editing the table is a breeze.

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Use a table instead of columns. Start a new row each time you need
things to align. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ingColumns.htm for
explanation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:02:32 -0700, 7M (donotspam)
wrote:

When columns consist of several lines (in one row), I'm having trouble
aligning the text horizontally, especially when one column has much text, and
in the next I only want to add a line or two.
The only solution seems to use the enter-key a lot, but any adjustments made
in the next column disturbs the alignment again.

Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks,

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
7M 7M is offline

This does the trick. Thank you very much!

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

7M was telling us:
7M nous racontait que :