American Currency

Old September 7th 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLCummins

Default American Currency

Where can the American cent symbol be found
Old September 7th 06, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

Use the character map. In XP Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools
--
Rae Drysdale

Old September 7th 06, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLCummins

Thanks that was a new way of getting symbols for me. I had always used the
word insert. It looks as if the symbols are still the same though. The cent
symbol I was using was in a font which was too small so I changed it and got
the right size.

Old September 7th 06, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, press Ctrl+/, then c to insert a cent symbol. For other methods,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

Old September 7th 06, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You can also get it from within Word from InsertSymbol (7th row). The
keystrokes a

Ctrl + / then type the letter c or
Hold ALT while you type 0162 in the Numeic Keypad
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

Old September 7th 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I taught my mom a few of the ALT symbols. The one was the first one
because I really hate to see "putting in my .02 cents worth". They don't
value their opinion much, do they?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old September 8th 06, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Sad, isn't it... 2 hundredths of a cent is hardly indicative of high
self-esteem

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones