Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default Prtoblems n Word 2007 Draft view

I would prefer using the draft view to the print view, but after awhile draft
view starts leaving bad lines on the screen and showing false images o f text.

Another problem with Word 2007 draft View is that at some point in the
session, the page up scrolling feature stops working, that is, the document
gets "stuck" at the top of a page and I can't scroll to an earlier spot with
Pg Up or with the scroll wheel on the mouse, and instead I have to click into
the text and scroll up with the arrow key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It sounds like a graphics card issue. Did you try updating your display
driver?

Even though this might not be what you are looking for, but I used to prefer
Draft (or Normal) view because of the page margins. If that's the reason
then perhaps removing the view of white space will work for you. To hide or
show white space, place your mouse pointer either under the ruler or between
two pages, watch for the mouse pointer to change, and then double-click when
prompted. That's what I use now and I've never looked back to Draft/Normal
view since in many cases it doesn't display the document as it will look
when printed anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Rudy" wrote in message
I would prefer using the draft view to the print view, but after awhile
draft
view starts leaving bad lines on the screen and showing false images o f
text.

Another problem with Word 2007 draft View is that at some point in the
session, the page up scrolling feature stops working, that is, the
document
gets "stuck" at the top of a page and I can't scroll to an earlier spot
with
Pg Up or with the scroll wheel on the mouse, and instead I have to click
into
the text and scroll up with the arrow key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rudy Rudy is offline

Thanks, Beth.

I like the print view, and I know about closing the top and bottom margins
by clicking.

The reason I want to use the draft mode is mainly because the date auto
complete feature works in this mode but not in the print view.

Also there's that sporadic scrolling problem that I have---I said before I
get it in draft view, but I tihnk actually I get it in print view.

I'm dialing down my graphics card's Direct Draw functions to see if that
fixes the screen junk.

"Rudy" wrote in message
I would prefer using the draft view to the print view, but after awhile
draft
view starts leaving bad lines on the screen and showing false images o f
text.

Another problem with Word 2007 draft View is that at some point in the
session, the page up scrolling feature stops working, that is, the
document
gets "stuck" at the top of a page and I can't scroll to an earlier spot
with
Pg Up or with the scroll wheel on the mouse, and instead I have to click
into
the text and scroll up with the arrow key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rudy Rudy is offline

I just checked and it is the draft mode in which you get the scroll problem.
Go into a long doc somewhere near the middle, then press the Pg Up key and
soon the doc gets stuck and won't scroll.

Bottom line seems to be that print view is the way to go. Why is draft view
even there, one wonders.

This still leaves the perplexing problem taht date autocomlete doesn't work
in print view but works in draft view.

"Rudy" wrote in message
I would prefer using the draft view to the print view, but after awhile
draft
view starts leaving bad lines on the screen and showing false images o f
text.

Another problem with Word 2007 draft View is that at some point in the
session, the page up scrolling feature stops working, that is, the
document
gets "stuck" at the top of a page and I can't scroll to an earlier spot
with
Pg Up or with the scroll wheel on the mouse, and instead I have to click
into
the text and scroll up with the arrow key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I don't get the scrolling issues you describe in Draft view and the
AutoComplete for dates works in Print Layout view, which is why I suggested
an update for your graphics card. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rudy" wrote in message
I just checked and it is the draft mode in which you get the scroll
problem.
Go into a long doc somewhere near the middle, then press the Pg Up key and
soon the doc gets stuck and won't scroll.

Bottom line seems to be that print view is the way to go. Why is draft
view
even there, one wonders.

This still leaves the perplexing problem taht date autocomlete doesn't
work
in print view but works in draft view.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried starting Word in safe mode to see if the problem persists? It
might be a settings issue of some kind.

To start in safe mode, press Ctrl as Word is starting, and click Yes to the
safe mode prompt.

If date autocomplete works correctly in safe mode, then the problem verly
likely is due either to a corrupted normal.dotm file (try renaming it, then
start Word) or to a corrupted registry entry (usually the Data key -- try
renaming or deleting). For more information on these (albeit not Word
2007-specific), see:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP