how do I get out of draft view in word 07?

Old February 5th 08, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judi

Default how do I get out of draft view in word 07?

--
Judi
Old February 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nordenian

Select the 'View' ribbon and the layout options are at the extreme left

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas

To switch to Print Layout view, do one of the following:
Click Print Layout in the View shortcuts on the status bar
Click Print Layout in the Document Views group on the View tab
Press ALT+CTRL+P

Other views are readily available in View shortcuts and in the Document
Views group.

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judi

I've tried all that and, for some reason, it doesn't work. the draft view
tab stays highlighted and print layout view does not stay on.
--
Judi

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas

You might also want to try the following so that you cannot open a document
in Draft view:

Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options
Click Advanced
Under General, clear the Allow opening a document in Draft view check box.
Click OK

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas

I assume the document is in .docx and not .dotm format (hence no AutoOpen or
AutoClose macro in the document that resets the view to Draft view each time
the document is opened or closed) and that the attached document template is
Normal.dotm. You might try closing Word, renaming the Normal.dotm template as
something like oldNormal.dotm and reopening Word. Word will create a new
Normal.dotm. Then open the document and see what happens.

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 09:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas

One last thought. You have not made it clear if the problem is limited to a
single document. If it is, the document may be corrupt. If the problem is
limited to a single document, try the following:
Press CTRL+A
Press ALT+LEFT ARROW (deselects the final paragraph mark)
Press CTRL+C (copy the entire document except the final paragraph mark)
Press CTRL+N (create a new document based on the normal template)
Press CTRL+V (paste what you have copied into the new document)

Now try switching views.

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi

Old February 5th 08, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas

Correction:
P:ess SHIFT+LEFT ARROW (not ALT+LEFT ARROW) to deselect the final paragraph
mark. Good luck!

"Judi" wrote:

--
Judi