Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gerdi_2000 gerdi_2000 is offline

Default Attach documents to forms

How can I attach a document during filling out a form.

Cheers
Gerdi_2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Gerdi

gerdi_2000 wrote:
How can I attach a document during filling out a form.

What should the end result be? You can certainly attach a document to an
_email_, but "attaching a document to a document" could mean all sorts
of things ...

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gerdi_2000 gerdi_2000 is offline

Hi Bob,
I defined a form "Customer Visit Report" to be used by Accountmanagers.
Then I protected the Form - so the users can only fill in the "defined
field".
If the Accountmanagers wants to attach a excel sheet or another doc. - how
can he attache this to the form or into a field.

Cheers
Gerd
PS: MS Office Word 2003

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Gerdi

gerdi_2000 wrote:
How can I attach a document during filling out a form.

What should the end result be? You can certainly attach a document to an
_email_, but "attaching a document to a document" could mean all sorts
of things ...

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

gerdi_2000 wrote:
Hi Bob,
I defined a form "Customer Visit Report" to be used by Accountmanagers.
Then I protected the Form - so the users can only fill in the "defined
field".
If the Accountmanagers wants to attach a excel sheet or another doc. - how
can he attache this to the form or into a field.

So far, so good: it's still not entirely clear what you expect to happen
at the moment of "attaching", though.

Say you have an normal Word document open. To include another Word
document, one would usually use Insert | File ... and select the file.
To include an Excel Sheet, maybe Insert | Object.

All these steps are most probably forbidden in a protected form. That
means you have to provide macro code which unprotects the form, let's
the user do the stuff he couldn't do before, and afterwards reprotect
the form again. In Word 2003, that should be it. In earlier versions you
had to make explicitly sure that the form field contents are preserved
during (un-)protection.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Z2VyZGlfMjAwMA==?=,

How can I attach a document during filling out a form.

Replied to the German version of this question in one of
the word.de newsgroups.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)