DSG

Default Returning extracted chapter (revised) back into parent document (and endnotes)

The 50-page document is one chapter from a larger document. I have extracted
it from the larger document because it needs to also be published
separately. I'm using end notes. It is nice when you copy a partial document
to a clean document to find that the endnotes follow the document. My
question about that: As I was polishing up the one chapter, I found it
needed some revisions, so have done that. Can I drop a copy of that revised
chapter right back into the larger document to replace the original chapter
and have the endnotes come out okay in the larger document?

And if this is so, do I first need to format a different style for the
endnotes references so Word can keep track of both chapters during the
procedure?
Word 2000 SP3