Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
I'm late I'm late is offline

Default Where do I find my missing "Link to previous" header button?

Working in Word, I dragged the header/footer floating toolbar too far off the
document/screen and couldn't get it back. Tried to recreate it, but can't
locate the "link to previous" button.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Why can't you get it back? If you dragged it, it must be reachable with the
cursor.

With care - and maybe some trial and error - you can get it back using the
keyboard ...

When editing the header (with the toolbar 'displayed') ...

Press Alt, and "File" on the main menu will be selected/highlighted.

Press Ctrl+Tab repeatedly and the selection will move round the first item
on each visible toolbar. Watch where it goes and you should be able to
determine when it has reached the Header/Footer toolbar (presuming all the
rest are actually visible).

When on the Header/Footer toolbar, press Shift+Tab - this will select the
dropdown arrow at the top right of the Header/Footer toolbar.

Next press the down arrow to open the popup and then type "M" to select
"Move" within it, and press Enter.

The arrow keys can then be used to move the toolbar wherever you want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"I'm late" I'm wrote in message
Working in Word, I dragged the header/footer floating toolbar too far off
the
document/screen and couldn't get it back. Tried to recreate it, but can't
locate the "link to previous" button.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or you can use a little macro such as the following:

Sub TestMacro()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View _
.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
With CommandBars("Header and Footer")
.Left = 0
.Top = 0
End With
End Sub

The macro places the toolbar to the top left of the Word window. Drag it
into the desired location.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"I'm late" I'm wrote in message
Working in Word, I dragged the header/footer floating toolbar too far off
the
document/screen and couldn't get it back. Tried to recreate it, but
can't
locate the "link to previous" button.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, I guess it would be best to also include a line that sets the
CustomizationContext, so that changes are saved in the Normal template:

Sub TestMacro()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View _
.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
CustomizationContext = NormalTemplate

For more on macros, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"I'm late" I'm wrote in message
Working in Word, I dragged the header/footer floating toolbar too far
off the
document/screen and couldn't get it back. Tried to recreate it, but
can't
locate the "link to previous" button.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.