Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default inserting an endnote gives: The Macro in this project are disabled

Trying to insert an endnote, following error message occures:
The Macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or
documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros.
However:
1- This command works in other files or new files. Only doesn't work on a
specified file.
2- I haven't changed the Macro preferences.
3- In the same file other commands like Insert Caption and cross reference
works.
How can I solve this issue.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

inserting an endnote gives: The Macro in this project are disabled.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A macro has the same name as a built-in word command, which is
desirable, if it should replace that command. But macro security
prevents the macro from running (hence the error message). If you need
it to run, store it in an add-in or in normal.dot instead.

Note that if the macro is in an add-in or in normal.dot it will
replace the built-in command for all documents (regardless of which
template they are based on).

Therefore, you may want to rename it and attach it to a toolbar button
instead, so that it will only run when
you explicitly choose to do so. See
http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default inserting an endnote gives: The Macro in this project are disa

Dear Johm
Thanks for your info, but I can't understand what are you talking about.
HIw can I check the attached template to my document?
And how can solve my problem after that.
Also where should set my Macro security level? Inside Word or in Control
Panel.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Check which template the document is attached to. It sounds as though the
template concerned is not in one of your "trusted" locations. In which
case, the macros WILL be disabled unless you set your Macro Security to
"Low". Or move the template into your Templates folder.

On 7/8/06 9:35 PM, in article
, "Khoshravan"
wrote:

Trying to insert an endnote, following error message occures:
The Macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or
documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros.
However:
1- This command works in other files or new files. Only doesn't work on a
specified file.
2- I haven't changed the Macro preferences.
3- In the same file other commands like Insert Caption and cross reference
works.
How can I solve this issue.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Macro security is found in Tools | Options, Security tab (Word 2003)
or Tools | Macro | Security (Word 2000).

The attached template is listed in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins. By
default, it is normal.dot (the blank document template), unless you
explicitly chose another template as you created the document.

You can use the Organizer to move a macro project from one document or
template to another document or template. To open the Organizer, click
the Organizer button in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box. Unless
you explicitly named the project when you created the macro, its name
will be "Module1."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

Trying to insert an endnote, following error message occures:
The Macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the

online help or
documentation of the host application to determine how to enable

macros.
However:
1- This command works in other files or new files. Only doesn't

work on a
specified file.
2- I haven't changed the Macro preferences.
3- In the same file other commands like Insert Caption and cross

reference
works.
How can I solve this issue.

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do

not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical

Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Dear Stefan
Thanks for your valuable info.
I proceeded until reaching Module1.
What shall I do now?
Shall I delete Module1?

Security level of Macro
I thought setting to high is better.
Isn't it so?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Dear Stefan
I delete the Module1, as I don't what it was and didn'tinput myself (maybe I
insert as a practice, dont remember) and my problem was solved.
Looking to Word, at fist it seams a simple software. Looking the other way
It is really complicated and complete.
I am trying to master some advanced commands of Word, like caption,
endnotes, cross reference, frame and etc which I hope it will help me to
write papers. I have mastered a lor during last few month and all is just
through this ng. Thanks to all folks.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Whether you should delete the module (along with its macros) of course
depends on if you need it or not.

Setting the security level to "High" means that unsigned macros are
automatically disabled, so it is certainly safer than "Medium," which
makes Word ask if you want to enable the macros.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

,

"Khoshravan"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Sorry Khoshravan:

In here, we tend to give "pointers" to the information, because we don't
have time to type out the full explanation for each question.

What I suggest that you do is look up each of the items I mentioned by using
the "Search" facility in the Microsoft Word Help.

You will see that the answers that I and others give are actually very
condensed "pointers" to the help topics. It saves us a lot of typing, and
will enable you to find your way quickly around the help so you will get
your own answers faster in the future.

Cheers

On 7/8/06 10:15 PM, in article
, "Khoshravan"