Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell is offline

Default Printing on wireless network

Hi! I'm using a wireless network and trying to print "Pages x to y" of my
document. All others work (All pages / Current Page) work just fine except
this one... it simply does nothing. Any ideas what it could be? I'm using
Word 2003, although it did the extact same thing in Word 2000, as I recall.

Thanks in advance!

C.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your document contains more than one section, you probably need to
include the section number(s). See the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" wrote in message
Hi! I'm using a wireless network and trying to print "Pages x to y" of my
document. All others work (All pages / Current Page) work just fine except
this one... it simply does nothing. Any ideas what it could be? I'm using
Word 2003, although it did the extact same thing in Word 2000, as I

recall.

Thanks in advance!

C.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell is offline

Thanks... I had a look and gave it a try but no go.

I don't know if this affects anything, but the document I'm printing is the
result of a mail merge (so 72 individual letters @ 1 per page).

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

C.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If your document contains more than one section, you probably need to
include the section number(s). See the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" wrote in message
Hi! I'm using a wireless network and trying to print "Pages x to y" of my
document. All others work (All pages / Current Page) work just fine
except
this one... it simply does nothing. Any ideas what it could be? I'm
using
Word 2003, although it did the extact same thing in Word 2000, as I

recall.

Thanks in advance!

C.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are trying to print parts of a mailmerge. Each merged record
is in a different section, so print the section number instead of
the page number. For example, if you want to print merged
records X to Y, then enter "sX-sY" (no quotes) in the Pages box
in the File-Print dialog. It would have been the same in Word 2000.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell is offline

Default Printing on wireless network - YAY!

*Got it!*

Thanks so much for the explanation... you fine folk are a FOUNTAIN of
information!

Later!

Carmen

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in