Kevin

Default New Install

A quick question:
When Office 2002 is first installed, is Insert/Paste Pictures set to Inline
with text or some other setting? I refer to the Tools | Options | Edit
setting.

From personal experience, I find that graphics behave better when inserted
as Inline with text although I a sure some argument against that could be
offered. I also found that once I got used to using it, the Drawing Canvas
saved a lot of aggrevation

Thank you for any insight on the new install setting.
Kevin

Yes, inline is the default setting for Word 2000 and above, but only for
inserting and pasting. Paste Special, unfortunately, defaults to some
wrapped style, and this is unaffected by the preference setting on the Edit
tab of Tools | Options.

"Kevin" ksorei at yahoo.com wrote in message
A quick question:
When Office 2002 is first installed, is Insert/Paste Pictures set to

Inline
with text or some other setting? I refer to the Tools | Options | Edit
setting.

From personal experience, I find that graphics behave better when inserted
as Inline with text although I a sure some argument against that could be
offered. I also found that once I got used to using it, the Drawing

Canvas
saved a lot of aggrevation

Thank you for any insight on the new install setting.
Kevin

TF

Kevin

I always choose In Line and then change it if I want a different setting.
This is because if you insert with say In Front as the default, I find that
if you are inserting close to another graphic, very strange things can
happen including the inserted graphic disappearing (only to turn up later
after it has been inserted and formatted a second time)!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Kevin" ksorei at yahoo.com wrote in message
:A quick question:
: When Office 2002 is first installed, is Insert/Paste Pictures set to
Inline
: with text or some other setting? I refer to the Tools | Options | Edit
: setting.
:
: From personal experience, I find that graphics behave better when inserted