chippr

Default save as html with NO MARKUPS!

I would like to save my word doc as html WITHOUT the edit history in the
html doc. Who would possibly want that to happen?? Is there a way for them
not
to be part of the conversion???

Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hpcHBy?=,

I would like to save my word doc as html WITHOUT the edit history in the
html doc.

What do you mean by "edit history"? And which version of Word do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

chippr

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Y2hpcHBy?=,

I would like to save my word doc as html WITHOUT the edit history in the
html doc.

What do you mean by "edit history"? And which version of Word do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Hi Cindy,

I'm using Word 2002 (10.4030.2625)

What I mean about "edit history" is all the changes that have ever been made
to the
document that you can display if you wish. You know they are red crossed
out letters or words. When I convert the .doc to .html those red crossed out
"changes" appear in the converted document. I have tried a number of
different versions of
Word to do this and so far only a really old one did not behave this way but
it had other problems.

I tried to "accept all changes in the document" but that had no effect.

Thanks
lostinspace

[...]

chippr,
The "SOLE" purpose of MS in offering the html creation of web
pages within Word was to provide a transport medium to return that html page
to a Word document. Rather, than creating functional and clean html-web
pages.

The simpliest method for you would be to create a duplicate doc from your
original, with a different name. Then remove the save edits sections and
create your web page from that new doc.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2hpcHBy?=,

"Accept all changes in document" should get rid of these markups, permanently.
If that's not happening - and if you're seeing the markup in the HTML result, it
is indeed not happening - then there's most likely a structural problem in the
document. Was it originally created and changes tracked in an earlier version of
Word? There have been reports with difficulties accepting/rejecting changes
permanently with older documents in Word 2002.

In that case, try creating a webpage, as you've done, then open that in Word and
accept/reject the changes. Save, and close/open it again (still as a webpage):
are the changes now gone?

I'm using Word 2002 (10.4030.2625)

What I mean about "edit history" is all the changes that have ever been made
to the
document that you can display if you wish. You know they are red crossed
out letters or words. When I convert the .doc to .html those red crossed out
"changes" appear in the converted document. I have tried a number of
different versions of
Word to do this and so far only a really old one did not behave this way but
it had other problems.

I tried to "accept all changes in the document" but that had no effect.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)