Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hemlock Hemlock is offline

Default Embedded Excel objects with borders

I have a document which has to be printed every month or two. The
overall document is three pages, repeated four times. Each set of
three pages contains two small embedded excel objects of 4 X 5 and 3 X
4 cells. Size is limited by hiding all unused cells, and the data in
each is unique. There is some conditional formatting in the cells to
make sure the data entered is correct. I set up the document this way
so that others can easily update the data without error, the rest of
the document doesn't change.

My problem is that the border of the rightmost column doesn't print
consistently. Sometimes the last column has no border, other times it
does. The last fix I've tried is to open the excel object and unhide
an additional column beyond my data, give it no border, and set it's
width to 2 pixels. This results in the border that I want being
printed, but the "thin" column shows as a faint ghost of the desired
border. This ghosting is only visible on one of the embedded objects.
It shows up this way in the .doc onscreen no matter how much I set
everything the same way in both objects.

I realize there is probably a more elegant way to handle the data, and
I'm open to any suggestions. Any help on why I can't get a consistent
result with the method I'm trying would also be great.

Thanks for your time.

--
Hemlock