TRACKINGCHANGES

Default Word, Tracking changes: extra blank pages at end of document

I've been using the function "tracking changes" on a manuscript that's been
returned by the editor for further revision. In the midst of this revision, I
noticed that of a sudden many extra pages appear at the end of the document.
They are numbered and blank. I cannot delete them. Sometimes they will
disappear if I click on that SHOW button and unclick/click formatting. If I
close the file and click no changes, when I reopen the file it has the
correct number of pages plus 2 blanks. The minute I go to the end of the file
more pages add on. Sometimes, it happens when I try to edit the manuscript as
well. I haven't figured out what I could be doing or might have changed.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.