foorfamily

Default missing cursor

My son was using MS word and now I do not have a cursor on my new documents.
He must have reset something that I can not find. If i do type when the
clean document page is up the type does appear but with the paragraph symbol
after the text. If i go to print all i get is a blank page. How do I reset
this so that it works properly. I even tryed to remove MS office and reload
it but the same thing happened again. Please help.
JoanOC

Try going to the Start; Control Panel; Mouse
Look at the mouse settings especially the Pointers tab. I would set this to
Windows
Default (system scheme). You may need to restart your computer for the
change to take affect. Good luck. Joan
"foorfamily" wrote:

My son was using MS word and now I do not have a cursor on my new documents.
He must have reset something that I can not find. If i do type when the
clean document page is up the type does appear but with the paragraph symbol
after the text. If i go to print all i get is a blank page. How do I reset
this so that it works properly. I even tryed to remove MS office and reload
it but the same thing happened again. Please help.

The display of the paragraph symbol is toggled (generally speaking) using
Ctrl+* or the Show/Hide ΒΆ button on the Standard toolbar. For more, see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm

But seeing nonprinting characters should not be related to *not* seeing the
blinking insertion point. And it should certainly not result in text not
printing. It's possible that the text is formatted as Hidden. If you hide
nonprinting characters, you should not see this text either, and if it is
Hidden, it will have dots under it. Select some of the text and go to Format
| Font. If the "Hidden" box is checked, then that's your problem.

If the text in a new blank document is Hidden, then this has inadvertently
been selected as the default formatting. Go back to Format | Font, clear the
check box for "Hidden," click the Default... button, and answer OK in the
ensuing dialog. This will restore the proper font formatting as the default.