BarbH

Default Excel serial date formats

I am merging an Excel file into a Word document. There are serial dates in my
Excel file, and the formatting doesn't transfer to Word. Is there somewhere
that I can set up my Word file to format the numbers as dates? Or can I
convert the numbers to dates within Excel before I complete the merge?
Anne Troy

Barb: Serial dates are, for instance, 38584, which is today. THAT is what
you want to show in Word? I suspect it's not, and you just need the usual
formatting guidance he
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"BarbH" wrote in message
I am merging an Excel file into a Word document. There are serial dates in
my
Excel file, and the formatting doesn't transfer to Word. Is there
somewhere
that I can set up my Word file to format the numbers as dates? Or can I
convert the numbers to dates within Excel before I complete the merge?

BarbH

Perfect! I did a search and couldn't find anything.Thank you for getting back
to me so quickly and with such great additional information. This has been an
excellent experience for me! Thanks again.

"BarbH" wrote in message
I am merging an Excel file into a Word document. There are serial dates in
my
Excel file, and the formatting doesn't transfer to Word. Is there
somewhere
that I can set up my Word file to format the numbers as dates? Or can I
convert the numbers to dates within Excel before I complete the merge?

macropod

Hi Barb,

Another way of dealing with serial dates can be found in the attachment at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

Unless you're working with a data source that is limited to serial dates,
you'd probably be better off with the solution Anne pointed you to, though.

Cheers