Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aldwick

Default missing insertion point cursor

the This problem is associated with several Microsoft Office programmes
including Word. I can successfully enter text into text box field ares but
the insertion point cursor is missing. Outlook Address Book lookup is a
typical example. I have no similar problems in the main document areas, where
cursor behaves perfectly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
auzgolf

I also have the same problem - 1st noticed by me when updating Contacts in
Outlook - I use latest XP Pro & Office Pro 2003. Have a MS IntelliMouse
Explorer 3 (USB mouse) with the latest Software and Driver from Microsoft.
Contacted MS support and have been through the loop of fixes -
Detect/Repair, New mail profile and even REMOVED MS Business Contract Manager
- BUT still the same problem - like you NO CURSER therefore no idea where you
are when updating.
PLS Help someone

"aldwick" wrote:

the This problem is associated with several Microsoft Office programmes
including Word. I can successfully enter text into text box field ares but
the insertion point cursor is missing. Outlook Address Book lookup is a
typical example. I have no similar problems in the main document areas, where
cursor behaves perfectly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aldwick

I have since solved my problem as follows:
Go to Control Panel/Accessibility Options/Display and change the cursor
width to a wider setting. Click OK and then return to check that your cursor
insertion point has returned. repeat process and return cursor width to the
narrow setting. Click Ok and check that that the problem is solved. Hope this
helps.

"aldwick" wrote:

the This problem is associated with several Microsoft Office programmes
including Word. I can successfully enter text into text box field ares but
the insertion point cursor is missing. Outlook Address Book lookup is a
typical example. I have no similar problems in the main document areas, where
cursor behaves perfectly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
auzgolf

Thanks Mate from OZ - works a treat - would never have found it otherwise -
evrything now perfect - MS should make it part of their standard HELP.