Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KS KS is offline

Default Print Preview is blank when printing from Word

Recently, I've been experiencing problems printing from Word 2003- Print
Preview is blank, but I am able to print, but the document quality is
poor(words are unclear with horizontal lines). I have Windows XP installed
and my wife who has a separate user account setup, is able to view Print
Preview and print, but the document quality is not 100% (words are fine, but
some words are smudged randomly throughout the page). I thought it could be
a printer driver issue, and have updated the driver, but I get the same
results. Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks kindly!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like a physical problem with the printer, itself. If an inkjet try
using whatever maintenance routines were supplied with the printer
software - although it also could be a defective ink cartridge. If a laser
there could be problems of a different ilk, such as a worn out drum or
"gummed up" toner.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones