Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guernsey Gaz Guernsey Gaz is offline

Default Excel Links in Word (Formats)

Hi Anyone who can help

I have vast worksheets in excel and I have no problem linking them in to
Word, the problem is the formats do not come out the same.

Exel example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

Word Example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

It looks good in excel but when I link to word I need the numbers to line up
and the negative closing parenthasis to be outside the figures so it looks
the same as it does in excel

My Format is #,###0 ;(#,###0);_-* "-"?_-

Any help will do , I have now been at this for three days....
--
If only I knew....

Gaz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While it is not clear what the zero part of your switch is supposed to
achieve, the following switch
\# ",0 ;(,0);'-'"
used in conjunction with a decimal tab ,will align the numbers as required.
In the example I have used a hyphen for the zero amount.

"Guernsey Gaz" wrote in message
Hi Anyone who can help

I have vast worksheets in excel and I have no problem linking them in to
Word, the problem is the formats do not come out the same.

Exel example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

Word Example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

It looks good in excel but when I link to word I need the numbers to line
up
and the negative closing parenthasis to be outside the figures so it looks
the same as it does in excel

My Format is #,###0 ;(#,###0);_-* "-"?_-

Any help will do , I have now been at this for three days....
--
If only I knew....

Gaz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guernsey Gaz Guernsey Gaz is offline

Hi Graham
thnks for that, i'll give it a go in the morning
My format is in excel and the 0 value is set to enter the hyphen 1 0
charater width in from the right side of the cell, you called yours a switch
do i do this in excel or in word?

--
If only I knew....

Gaz

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I had assumed that you were mail merging from Excel and therefore the switch
I suggested is for the merge field in Word. See
If you are inserting a link directly from Excel then use edit paste
special as a picture or an Excel object with the link option checked and
the insertiion will be identical to the format in Excel.

Guernsey Gaz wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guernsey Gaz Guernsey Gaz is offline

Hi Graham
I use Editpaste SpecialHTML Format to link to range names in Excel if I
use the Microsoft excel worksheet object I get Error! Not a valid link. ?

Any Ideas
--
If only I knew....

Gaz